Remember last week when I talked about finding Reginald and all my extra copies of the printed version of my first ten blog posts? Well, I had a dumb idea.
I decided to turn those extra copies into a freaking BOOK! Yep. I put them all together, made a cover page and a dedication page. I also did original art for all ten columns. A lot of the art is collage, but there’s also some pieces done with stickers, markers, and one even has paint. It’s really professional looking.
The reason it’s a dumb idea is that I have to go to Kinkos and make color copies of all the art. Then I’m also going to pay Kinkos to bind all the pages into actual books. When it’s all done I’m going to sell them for a $1. If someone wants to pay a little more I won’t say no.
A friend of mine pointed out that I might loose some money on this project. That is true, I probably will. BUT! It’s kept me busy and made me feel important for a couple weeks so I’d say it’s a few dollars well lost…
ANYway, that’s what I’ve been occupying myself with lately. But since I’ve been so immersed in that I don’t have a good blog post this week. I was going to do a top five list, but I couldn’t think of a good one. Except maybe top five times I’ve been wicked drunk, wait that’s a good one.
Top Five Times I’ve Been Very Very Drunk (in no particular order)
1. That time at Chopstix. If you know about this one, good for you. I don’t want to talk about it.
2. In Palm Springs, at The Ace Hotel drinking Gin & Tonics with my friend Dustin. I didn’t really have a taste for gin for a long time since it reminds me of licking a pine tree, but for some reason the ones Dustin kept bringing me tasted like very refreshing water. Which is not good if you’re going for moderation.
3. July 3rd, 2008 was a Thursday, it was also the day before the 4th of July (dur) and so some friends decided to have a party before the party. I drank so much I was hungover until about 4pm the next day. I missed all the festivities at Gasworks that year and could only nibble a banana until about 2pm.
4. At Bill’s Gamblin’ Hall in Las Vegas this year. I met up with my old boyfriend (yup the good one) from High School and we drank like we were sixteen again. Which was a poor choice since I am no longer sixteen but thirty. I still love Vegas, because it’s a big 24 hour party and hey! I like parties!
5. For a long time at SPU students were forbidden from drinking, even after you turned 21 and the law said you could. So about two days before graduation, the night before the Ivy Cutting Ceremony, Jordan and many of his friends, threw huge parties. I remember going to two parties I think. The next morning I was wrecked but had to get ready for the ceremony which started at 9:30am. I can’t recall what time we had to be there, but it was early. I showered, brushed my teeth at least twice then headed out to attempt to stand for over an hour in heels. Both my mom and aunt could smell the alcohol as it seeped from my pores. Very classy indeed.
So there you have it, the top five times I’ve been inebriated.
Once the books are finished I’ll let you all know, because I’m sure you all are just dying from the anticipation!